Today TweetDeck launched their latest update, with some pleasant surprises:
- Conversation window — View an entire dialogue all at once.
- Video playback — Watch Qik or 12seconds video clips from the comfort of TweetDeck.
- New ‘Block & Report Spam’ button — Just one click will delete the message from view, block the user and report them to Twitter.
- TweetDeck Recommends column — Find new and interesting people to follow whether you’re a Twitter newbie or a veteran of the Twitterverse.
- ‘Reply All’ — Tweet everyone mentioned in a tweet in just a couple of clicks.
- YFrog — Share and preview YFrog photos inside TweetDeck.
- Smart filter – Start typing a username to find a person and add them to a group quickly and easily.
- RE (In reference to) tweets – Easily comment on a discussion.
But the two biggest surprises for me were an iPhone / iPod Touch version, and the ability to Sync your various installations of TweetDeck, so you can keep your group and search panels between work and home.
I’ve not had the time to give this version of TweetDeck a full workout yet, but I’m looking forward to doing just that, and maybe comparing it with Mixero and SeesMic…all three have their distinct benefits.
But, if you’ve not yet upgraded, or even tried TweetDeck as your desktop Twitter client, do it now. You won’t be disappointed.