Due to a monumental FUBAR between my website host, server restrictions, and some resource-heavy wordpress plugins, Bradgrier.com is currently without a home.
All is not lost:
- I have a backup of the site, content, posts, comments etc
- I retain my domain names etc
- I have a boat-load of work ahead of me as I research and rebuild
- Backups are essential
- You get what you pay for
- Sometimes you get burned
Things to do:
- point existing domain names to this wordpress-hosted blog
- Reasearch robust hosts (I prefer a hosted solution as I do use some 3rd party plugins)
- Take a deep breath 🙂
So, what have I missed. Any advice for me as I make this rather unscheduled transition? Comments are welcome!