So a week or so ago I tweaked something on my printer. Maybe it was initial layer height. Maybe I adjusted a bed screw. Not sure, but all of a sudden my prints wouldn’t stick to the bed properly.
Using the ‘paper drag’ method of bed levelling ‘sort of’ worked. But it really was trial and error and very small changes in adjustment that seem to be working.
Prints are, once again, printing. Yay. #frustrating
Pretty cool what a little time, 3d Printing technology, some creative design work, and a spool of PLA will get you.
I’ve been testing various dungeon components to see how well they’ll work with our play style. And how good they’ll look once painted and finished.
The crates above have yet to be finished. Usually, I prime them with Flat Grey, then colour, lighten or darken as necessary. This example also uses short walls, allowing us to see the contents of the room from anywhere on the table.
If you’re interested, I’ve been keeping all the landscape and terrain designs I find on Thingiverse in this collection.
We had these ugly plate-stand style photo stands for some aluminum photo prints. Had that ‘wrought-iron’ look. Totally not suitable for a very white shot of our dogs. 3d Printing to the rescue.
Then I found these simple ‘feet’ on Thingiverse — a perfect solution.
I printed off one batch, but had a bit of a flashing issue inside the front of one clip causing the clip to break along a print seam.
Simple solution, rotate the clip 90 degrees, causing the print seams to be vertical rather than horizontal.
Photo by bgrier
Standard Lunar Lander — because it’s Friday.
Needed to reset the router. Did so, lost internet connection while it was rebooting. Had Chrome open and refreshed my connection. This neat little running jumping game appears.
It appears to just be a ‘no connection’ screen… but press the space bar. And have fun!