We had these ugly plate-stand style photo stands for some aluminum photo prints. Had that ‘wrought-iron’ look. Totally not suitable for a very white shot of our dogs. 3d Printing to the rescue.
Then I found these simple ‘feet’ on Thingiverse — a perfect solution.
I printed off one batch, but had a bit of a flashing issue inside the front of one clip causing the clip to break along a print seam.
Simple solution, rotate the clip 90 degrees, causing the print seams to be vertical rather than horizontal.
Photo by bgrier
Standard Lunar Lander – because it’s Friday.
Needed to reset the router. Did so, lost internet connection while it was rebooting. Had Chrome open and refreshed my connection. This neat little running jumping game appears.
It appears to just be a ‘no connection’ screen… but press the space bar. And have fun!
About five years ago, we got a cute little R-Pod 173T. It’s a trailer with a pop-out tent to extend the internal living area by about 36 sq. ft.
Very cute and just the right size to be towed by our Santa Fe.
A couple of years ago, my very patient wife suggested we remove the sofa to make more room inside. (not my photo — found on the tubes)
Brilliant! Awesome to have more space.
But what to do with the couch (sofa)?
She suggested we (I) figure out a way to use it in our Garage-Jang.
Of course, I over analyzed it. Here’s my project sketches to prove it.
Fast forward to 3 years later. Yes, it’s done.
And perhaps I over-engineered it a bit. (seriously. 2×6??)
I don’t care. It’s done. It’s solid, and it’s actually comfortable.
Long Weekend Win!
Wow, when you take photos of painted miniatures, the photos always catch all the rough paint-work and other issues, making the minis look like crap 😀
Ah well, since these Alien Frontiers field generators are meant to be played with and not put on a shelf and admired, I’m not too concerned.
One done, one in progress and one primed and ready to go.
The orange one’s interesting. I bought the Alien Frontiers Upgrade Pack. It included a lot of the new colony components, and these field generator components. It’s meant to upgrade the more generic ones from earlier Alien Frontiers generators.
So this one came without one of the generator arms attached. After filling out a form and uploading a photo of the flawed component, Game Salute, the distributor sent along a replacement (it’s the unpainted one in the background).
In the meantime, I’d decided to paint this one anyway, and am going to turn that gap where the arm mounts into a docking port. I think I’ll be adding yellow and black ‘alert’ lines around it. We’ll see how that goes.
Then, finally, I think I’ll likely give them a final spray of Testors Dulcoat, just to eliminate the shine. I like the way it helps bring out subtle detail and gives them a more ‘realistic’ look. Must be a personal taste thing developed back in the day when I painted plastic models.