Scotiabank’s new Web 2.0 community site is now live, and I’ve taken a quick browse through the site and am very happy with what I found!
For starters, the MyVault site is laid out in a very pleasing manner, friendly and approachable.
The main interface is broken down into content blocks:
- My News — contains news headlines, financial news, and user-subscribable RSS feeds
- My Plans — sort of an organizer / planner containing:
- My Calendar — sophisticated calendaring features that include user definable categories and alerts.
- My ToDo List — as the name says, it’s a list manager.
- My Cashflow — a cashflow modeling tool. “Whenever you have new sources of income, or new expenses, enter them into My Cash Flow to get an up-to-date view of your financial situation”. It’s not connected to your bank account.
- My Documents — a place to store articles and other content items you may want to refer back to at a later date.
Overall I think it’s a great resource. With the collection of news, information, and an online community to provide that ‘reality check’, Scotiabank has launched a very cool tool.